By joining RCR, you will become part of a passionate and dedicated team that works together to provide our guests with the best vacation and recreation experience possible. We have a diverse role available that will be accountable for various legal matters, property management and facilitating real estate development.
Property Management and Real Estate Duties:
• Provide paralegal support to the corporation reviewing legal documents, disclosure documents and correspondence in support of real estate sales and ongoing property matters
• Develop an understanding of land tenures and "Master Development Agreements"
• Administer and coordinate all real estate sales and lease transactions
• Establish and monitor corporate real estate and land tenure registry
• Ensure that all lease payments and concession fees are diarized and paid in a timely manner
• Liaise with provincial authorities on all property tax and controlled recreation area matters
• Establish and maintain property tax registry and monitor, review and advise on real estate tax assessments, appeals, business taxes and taxation levels
• Represent the company on strata, rental and property management affairs
• Liaise with rental and property management owners and strata organizations; organize and chair meetings, take and prepare minutes of meetings
• Provide communication to strata on all strata and rental management matters
• Coordinate strata/condo financial matters, property management agreements, including insurance, as they occur
• Understand and demonstrate competence in relation to the BC Strata Act
• Provide ongoing input and legal interpretation on property related matters as requested or required
• Review contracts and agreements
• Manage the claims process for all costs incurred along with reserve tracking
• Coordinate all steps in litigation, including tracking incident reports and all undertaking requests
• Liaise with legal counsel on as needed basis
• Coordinate and manage the "Land Use Agreement" process for 3rd party access to lands
• Communicate and coordinate with all property stakeholders to ensure adherence to covenants and rent charge payment obligations, including collections
• Assist with and coordinate all corporate insurance matters as needed
• Record and itemize risk management protocols and procedures
• Other accounting related items as assigned
• Understand the framework of corporate annual returns, as well as trademark renewals
• 1 - 3 years relevant experience, preferably in legal real estate or corporate fields
• Paralegal diploma/degree or related education
• Self-starter with ability to work under stress in a challenging environment
• Excellent communication and computer skills including Excel • Passion for outdoor adventure!
• A staff season pass for our resorts
• Discounts on food, retail goods and hotels
• Staff events - meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Interested? Send your cover letter and resume stating your salary expectations and highlight what is your most memorable mountain experience.
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it's been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.