The Vancouver office is currently seeking a Legal Assistant to join our growing national Intellectual Property team. This role would be supporting a partner in our Vancouver office in addition to working alongside our seasoned IP paraprofessionals. The successful applicant will be a confident, reliable and proactive individual who is super organized and able to manage multiple tasks. This is an excellent opportunity to work and grow within a great team where collegiality and collaboration are key elements of how we work at Dentons.
While ideally we are seeking someone with prior Intellectual Property related experience, if you are someone who prides themselves on their ability to be organized and multitask, this could be a fit for you! This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior to intermediate legal assistant who is interested in taking their career to the next level.
• Opening and maintaining electronic files
• Prioritizing workflow in connection with the lawyers and paraprofessionals in order to meet deadlines
• Drafting, editing and proofreading routine correspondence, agreements, letters and other related documents
• Diarizing tasks on a daily basis
• Managing administrative tasks, including time entry, billings, scheduling of appointments and coordinating meetings etc.
• Communicating with clients as required
• Other legal assistant duties, as required.
• Legal Assistant certificate from an accredited institution plus a minimum of one (1) year of previous legal assistant experience (patents, trademarks, or a related practice area preferred)
• Experience with digital filing and document management
• Superb accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Advanced computer skills; proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• A self-starter who is able to take initiative, multi task and work well under pressure both independently and in a team setting
• Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Takes pride and ownership in the finished work product
• Is interested in working in and learning more about the IP practice.
*We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Inclusion and diversity (I&D) are fundamental to who we are at Dentons Canada and essential to the success and strength of our firm. Our forward-thinking, inclusive culture promotes and supports the professional development of our diverse talent, the leading services we offer to our clients, and positive social change. As a testament to our commitment to I&D, we are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 11 consecutive years (2011-2021) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2021) for the fourth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
To support and embrace your diverse skillsets, talents and experiences, we are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.