At ICBC, it's our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Claims Legal Services at ICBC has an opportunity for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join their team in Victoria
You will contribute to the success of ICBC's legal defence of personal injury and other lawsuits against ICBC and its insured.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Preparing legal documentation (eg. Drafting Responses and Lists of Documents) and correspondence, as well as organizing flow of information between interested parties.
• Preparing and maintaining necessary file information and documentation.
• Organizing case files and arranging appointments and court dates.
• Handling calls which do not require a lawyer's attention.
• Maintaining an extensive "bring forward" system.
The requirements include:
• Legal Secretary's Diploma or Certificate and at least 1-2 years related experience in progressively responsible legal secretarial positions involving the preparation of legal documents, or an equivalent combination.
• Thorough knowledge of litigation procedures and legal terminology.
• Familiarity with BC Supreme Court Civil Rules and Small Claims Rules, Court Registry procedures, parts of the Motor Vehicle Act, Insurance (Vehicle) Act and claims procedures pertaining to personal injury litigation.
• Superior knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
• Ability to prioritize, adapt to changing demands and complete multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of tight deadlines.
• Superior interpersonal and judgment skills.
• Keyboarding speed of 50wpm.
• Knowledge of relevant computer applications to produce legal correspondence and documents, and ability to learn software related to the job.
The recruitment process will include:
• Telephone Interview
• Behavioral interview
• Legal Knowledge testing
**Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position**