Are you a skilled and well-organized individual with proven knowledge of real estate practices? If so, consider this opportunity where you will deliver a range of services related to the acquisition, management and disposal of real estate.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Research/ complete title searches and plot ownership on a variety of plans • Process acquisition, sale, lease and other agreements • Close real estate transactions • Perform expropriation procedures • Maintain an accurate electronic land inventory • Investigate and analyze property tax status and assessed values of land inventory and initiate corrective action
How do I qualify?
• You have valid class G driver's licence and an acceptable driving record to travel independently to areas not served by public transportation.
• You have knowledge of Ontario real estate practices, legal terminology, and legislation (i.e relevant sections of the Revised Statues of Ontario, such as but not limited to the Expropriations Act, Registry Act, Land Titles Act, Planning Act, Business Corporations Act and Residential Tenancies Act) • You have knowledge of contract law, common law, estate law, corporate law as it affects title and the interpretation of deeds, easements, licenses, and leases • You have the ability to plot boundaries of land from legal descriptions • You have the knowledge of expropriation process and procedures
Investigative, Evaluative and Analytical Skills:
• You are able to scrutinize and interpret abstracts, reference plans, expropriation plans, and spreadsheets • You can determine if agreements have been properly executed, witnessed and sealed • You are able to review data and documents for accuracy (example: legal descriptions, tax certificates, affidavits, recitals, releases and consents) and ensure unencumbered title is acquired
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• You are able to communicate with legal professionals, municipalities and government agencies using legal terminology • You can compose letters and legal documents • You have interpersonal skills to resolve disputes between ministries, lawyers and/or members of the public regarding deficiencies, discrepancies and issues
• You have working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database computer software packages relevant to the position (example: Microsoft Office Suite, PMIS, ArcGIS, Adobe, Teraview ) in order to enter and retrieve data, prepare legal documentation and other documents
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it's been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.