To support the ongoing development of our Business Insights capability, Dentons Canada is currently recruiting a Business Intelligence Analyst. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Client Development and Priority Initiatives, and will engage with key stakeholders in the Profile and Client Development team, Finance team and Business leaders.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for providing support to the business in relation to the analysis and manipulation of client-based financial data, market research, and the deployment of reporting tools to support financial and client reporting, as well as other data-related initiatives. They will also be skilled at performing business and industry research.
This is an exciting role, requiring contact with colleagues across the Dentons network. Only ambitious and curious team players will be considered.
• Executing on strategic business research and analytics projects to support client initiatives, new business initiatives and other strategic projects
• Researching companies, providing relationship intelligence, analyzing market information, conducting competitive analysis, studying our client base (using various quantitative/qualitative metrics) and undertaking data analytics
• Researching and manipulating data to summarize and convey findings, and developing supporting management presentations
• Developing and maintaining client, practice and office dashboards
• Collaborating on firm-wide data, analytics and technology projects
• Providing cross-training to team members and reviewing research and technology resources
• Support Dentons Canada decision makers through responding to requests for information/analysis and proactively guiding stakeholders to self-help tools as appropriate
• Extracting data from underlying systems and collating that data into clear and insightful reports, using Redwood, Pitchbook, Capital IQ, EDI, and other sources
• Improving process and quality of deliverables, providing clear explanations and training on systems
• Reviewing and incorporating cross-regional working data into reports
• Supporting the process for ongoing data management and governance, understanding the current guidelines and working with team members to optimize process and efficiency to deliver a world-class solution to Dentons stakeholders
• Collaborating with staff from various departments, including Information Services (library research specialists), Leadership, Finance, Risk Management, Technology, Marketing, Proposals Team
• Sharing work internally to promote organization intelligence and learning
• Minimum of five years of experience in a similar role
• Master’s degree in business, analytics, information science or equivalent, preferred
• Strong business acumen
• Intellectually curious but understands the broader business perspective
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power BI, Skills to create and amend SSRS reporting as well as to administer Reporting Services
• MS Azure SQL; Visual Studio
• Experience working with Thomson Reuters 3E, Data Insights, Data Visualization Tools (Tableau and/or Power BI)
*We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Inclusion and diversity (I&D) are fundamental to who we are at Dentons Canada and essential to the success and strength of our firm. Our forward-thinking, inclusive culture promotes and supports the professional development of our diverse talent, the leading services we offer to our clients, and positive social change. As a testament to our commitment to I&D, we are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 11 consecutive years (2011-2021) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2021) for the fourth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
To support and embrace your diverse skillsets, talents and experiences, we are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.