The Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee, Ministry of the Attorney General, is seeking an Estates Officer to investigate referrals of estates from lawyers, police departments, social agencies, funeral homes, hospitals and the general public.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• evaluate referrals to determine if the estate falls within the parameters of the Crown Administration of Estates Act
• secure all estate assets and determining estate liabilities
• provide financial management of the estate trusts while searching for next-of-kin
• manage and approve the sale of estate chattels
How do I qualify?
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the successful candidate will be required to undergo Enhanced Security Screening, which will include:
• Criminal Record Check (CPIC)
• Credit Check
• you demonstrate knowledge of estate management practices related to funerals, burials, taxation and the disposition of estate assets in order to manage a caseload of estate trusts
• you have knowledge of the legal system, court procedures and practices
• you have knowledge of relevant legal and financial terminology
• your financial administration skills and knowledge of financial terminology enable you to effectively administer estate trusts
• you are able to interpret, apply and ensure compliance with relevant policies, procedures and legislation (e.g. Crown Administration of Estates Act, Estates Act, Family Law Act, Powers of Attorney Act)
Organizational, Analytical and Consultation Skills:
• your strong organizational skills enable you to manage multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines in a high volume environment
• you have analytical skills to assess written and numerical information
• you demonstrate consultation and conflict management skills to work effectively with public agencies and members of the general public
• you are proficient with a variety of common software programs (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, databases)
• you are proficient with case management software (e.g. Trust Accounting Management System (TAMS), File Management System (FMS))
Salary Range: $1,156.93 - $1,447.55 per week
Please apply online, only, by Monday, October 16, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 112110 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.
The Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority (RHRA) is a self-financing authority independent of government, with the mandate to license and inspect Ontario's more than 700 retirement homes where over 50,000 seniors live. The RHRA is an agent for