Requisition ID: 91331
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As part of a collaborative, dedicated and high-performing team, the incumbent provides a variety of complex and routine administrative and corporate secretarial support to the Bank’s board and committee meetings, which includes providing meeting day support for Toronto meetings as well as travel to out-of-town/out-of-country meetings, as required. The incumbent is accountable for research and the preparation of draft documentation, meeting packages, and has responsibility for the electronic organization and distribution of materials to Board Members. The incumbent supervises and participates in pre and post meeting support activities and oversees records management. In addition, the incumbent supervises the process for documentation requiring execution under the Bank’s corporate seal.
• Provides a variety of complex and routine administrative and corporate secretarial support for the Bank’s Board and Committee meetings by coordinating and securing reports from executive management according to agenda requirements, researching and preparing draft documentation, including notices, agendas, scripts, routine resolutions, skeleton and draft minutes of meetings, correspondence and other information, in a thoughtful, organized and timely manner while ensuring a high level of accuracy is maintained at all times. This includes daily and ad hoc communications to the Board and executive management and regular and direct interaction with executive management across all business lines, the external auditors and directors.
• Leads the production and distribution of advance meeting packages and other material for the directors, executives and external auditors, to ensure complete packages and appropriate and timely distribution of materials. Assists with the preparation and management of materials for the Annual Meeting of Shareholders, including the assembly of the Chairman’s Script and briefing binders. This includes ongoing administrative support for the Bank’s Board portal, responsibility for the organization of all electronic Board meeting submissions, updating access rights and maintaining all paper-based records and electronic files related to the Board and Committees.
• Provides meeting day support to the Director, Board Services and Assistant Corporate Secretary and the Senior Vice President, Corporate Secretary and Chief Corporate Governance Officer which may require out-of-town/province or out-of-country travel. Coordinates and organizes presenters to ensure a seamless meeting with minimal disruption and tracks meeting attendance and waivers. Supervises and participates in pre and post meeting support activities including issuing communications confirming approvals by resolution to appropriate departments and overseeing records management.
• Supervises the processing of all documents received for execution under the Bank’s corporate seal, coordinates execution of international documentation with law clerks/legal counsel and attends to certification requirements as necessary. Oversees the permanent safekeeping of Bank and Department records held in three vaults and with Archives.
• Ensures all minute books are up to date and accurate, including organizing all attachments to the minutes and arranging for signature. Coordinates minute book reviews/examinations conducted by internal and external auditors and regulators (i.e. OSFI, OSC and CRA primarily), information requests for corporation information and records, and due diligence exams consulting with legal counsel, as necessary. Responsible for researching and coordinating paper and electronic document submissions to regulators and auditors.
What we're looking for?
1. Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a corporate law clerk/legal assistant and/or board administration or similar experience in a legal, regulatory or corporate secretarial function of a public company.
2. Institute of Law Clerks Certificate or post-secondary Diploma in Legal Administration would be an asset. Financial services experience would be an asset.
3. Knowledge of the business and regulatory environment in which the Bank operates. Ability to apply working knowledge of the Bank Act (Canada) and securities legislation.
4. Excellent verbal communications, writing and editing skills. Ability to use judgment in anticipating and initiating appropriate action along with the ability to analyze situation/issues and recommend change.
5. Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills and the confidence and professionalism required to deal with senior and executive level officers as well as board members.
6. Strong organizational, time management and priority setting skills in order to meet tight deadlines and produce a quality product. Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with moderate direction and a strong service attitude.
7. Excellent technical skills and experience managing and maintaining databases (i.e. EnGlobe corporate entity database and Diligent Board Books). Excellent knowledge of Windows, MS Office.
This position is located in Toronto, King St W.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.