City Lima, Peru
Start Date Mar - May 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 7 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
Please submit a Spanish Resume and Statement of Interest
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer's Role
As the Resources Mobilization Advisor, you will provide technical assistance to our partner Instituto de Defensa Legal in enhancing their resource mobilization capacity, through the development of proposals and access funding, including building a crowdfunding strategy.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Coordinate and identify potential local, regional and international donor institutions to support IDL's work; and build a donor database.
- Facilitate trainings for staff focused on writing and developing proposals using resource mobilization guidelines and tools.
- Develop guidelines and tools for the organization's resource mobilization activities.
- Support the expansion of programs by coordinating, developing and submitting concept notes and proposals for funding, in line with donor requirements.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Strategic Operations, Development Studies, Political Science, Gender Studies, Social Science or other related field
Essential Professional Background:
- 3 years' experience; must possess knowledge of Project Management tools and systems.
- Proven success in fundraising.
- Communications experience (presentations, trainings and workshops)
- Experience developing concept notes and funding proposals.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months