Our Business Crimes, Investigations & Compliance group at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes) is growing. Blakes is widely regarded as the market leader for these matters, and we are looking for an associate with one to four years of direct experience to join the Calgary office.
As Canadian and international laws relating to business crimes strengthen, there is a corresponding move towards greater enforcement. Recent high-profile cases demonstrate the devastating impact that criminal and regulatory investigations and prosecutions can have on a company, its officers, directors, employees and shareholders. Blakes has a robust national Business Crimes, Investigations & Compliance practice. We have extensive experience investigating, advising on and successfully defending clients in criminal, quasi-criminal, anti-corruption, regulatory and compliance matters.
Blakes mobilizes teams on short notice to respond to urgent matters, including search warrants, production orders and compelled interviews. Our criminal and civil law expertise, extensive corporate and commercial litigation experience, and specialized national resources set us apart from other law firms when dealing with criminal and regulatory charges relating to businesses.
Associates in the Business Crimes, Investigations & Compliance Group will:
– assist with internal investigations, including document review, interview preparation and attend witness interviews;
– prepare investigation reports and board briefings;
– assist in preparing for and attend meetings and presentations to Canadian and US enforcement authorities;
– work with international clients on development of compliance policies, implement compliance programs, and conduct risk assessments;
– attend Court and tribunal proceedings;
– internationally travel for investigation and risk assessment interviews;
– prepare business development papers and presentations;
-potentially practice in commercial litigation should this be an area of interest.
For more information on the Blakes Business Crimes, Investigations & Compliance group, please visit www.blakes.com.
All interested applicants should submit their cover letter, résumé, and all post-secondary school transcripts directly to Angela Chios, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.