Reporting to the Manager, Legal Support Services, the legal assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and legal support to the lawyers of his or her team and occasionally to other professionals of the Firm. We are looking for someone who is proactive and whose thoroughness, organizational skills and ability to prioritize are outstanding.
• Draft, transcribe, revise and format various administrative and legal documents, in French and English;
• Answer phone calls and manage electronic and regular mail;
• Open and update files and take care of daily filing;
• Organize books of authorities for hearings;
• Verify the calculation of time limits during proceedings and follow-up with team members;
• Organize meetings and coordinate all aspects of meetings when needed;
• Manage lawyers’ agendas;
• Prepare time entries and expense accounts;
• Make travel arrangements (transport and hotel) when needed; and
• Perform any other tasks assigned.
• Vocational studies or college diploma in automation, legal option, or any other education with relevant professional experience.
• At least ten (10) years of experience in a similar position.
• Knowledge of labor law, CNESST and dispute proceedings;
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications;
• Fluency in French and English, both oral and written;
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure;
• Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to prioritize;
• Resourceful, versatile and adaptable;
• Team player; and
• High level of discretion.
Workplace: Montréal – Downtown and teleworking
Contract Type: Permanent Position
Schedule: Full-time – Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
33.75 hours per week
Equal Opportunity Statement
Inclusion and diversity (I&D) are fundamental to who we are at Dentons Canada and essential to the success and strength of our firm. Our forward-thinking, inclusive culture promotes and supports the professional development of our diverse talent, the leading services we offer to our clients, and positive social change. As a testament to our commitment to I&D, we are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 11 consecutive years (2011-2021) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2021) for the fourth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
To support and embrace your diverse skillsets, talents and experiences, we are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.