Real Estate Paralegal
The Montreal office is currently seeking an intermediate to senior Paralegal to join our Real Estate group. The Paralegal will offer a blend of skills and experience where they will be a key team member working with our long standing institutional lending clients as they manage files from start to finish.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a team where collegiality and collaboration are key elements of how we work at Dentons. The position will require a confident and reliable individual to manage multiple tasks and at times, changing priorities. The successful applicant must be team-orientated and accustomed to working within a team of other Paralegals, Legal Assistants and Lawyers.
1. Conducting and reviewing public office searches, including Property Registry/Land Titles Offices, - Register of Enterprises (Quebec) and Canada’s Business Registries (Strategis): Register of Personal and Movable Real Rights (RDPRM); Bank Act Registry; Land Register (property index) and off-title searches; Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy; Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act;
2. Performing and compiling additional due diligence searches across Canada
3. Drafting due diligence search result summary reports
4. Preparing a variety of corporate/commercial documents, including agreements associated with the purchase and sale and/or the financing of real property
5. Prepare and file forms for registration of rights in the RDPRM (hypothecs, leases, assignments, cessions of rank, etc.); and
6. Other duties as assigned
1. 5 – 7 years of experience as a Banking and Finance Paralegal
2. Excellent client service skills
3. Ability to ensure accuracy, attention to detail and meet deadlines
4. Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, use judgement, make decisions and accept responsibility effectively
5. Communicates in a clear and precise manner
6. Demonstrates a team approach and supports colleagues
7. Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multiple priorities to meet necessary deadlines
Equal Opportunity Statement
Inclusion and diversity (I&D) are fundamental to who we are at Dentons Canada and essential to the success and strength of our firm. Our forward-thinking, inclusive culture promotes and supports the professional development of our diverse talent, the leading services we offer to our clients, and positive social change. As a testament to our commitment to I&D, we are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 11 consecutive years (2011-2021) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2021) for the fourth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
To support and embrace your diverse skillsets, talents and experiences, we are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.