The Vancouver office is currently seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal to join our Litigation & Dispute Resolution team. The Paralegal will offer a blend of skills and experience providing litigation support within a team where collegiality and collaboration are key elements of how we work at Dentons. The position will require a confident and reliable individual to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities. The successful applicant must be team-orientated and accustomed to working as a team with other construction and litigation assistants. This is a fantastic opportunity for a paralegal who is interested in working within an excellent team and taking their career to the next level.
• Preparing legal documents such as pleadings, affidavits, draft orders, applications, bill of costs, etc.
• Managing documents and evidence including reviewing documents for relevance and privilege and drafting list of documents
• Conducting asset searches
• Assisting lawyers with preparation for examinations for discoveries, court hearings, mediations, arbitrations and trials
• Communicating with clients, opposing counsels and other relevant parties
• Proactively managing files including updating lawyer on status of files and limitation period
• Assisting in liaising with external e-discovery vendors
• Mentoring and delegating work to legal assistants as applicable
• Other duties as assigned.
• Paralegal Diploma or Certificate from an accredited institution
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a paralegal in the area of Litigation
• Familiarity with the Rules of Court and related forms and practice directions in all levels of court
• Experience using e-discovery software, BC Online and LTSA would be an asset
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Strong technical skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Strong grammatical skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-pace environment
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize.
*We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Inclusion and diversity (I&D) are fundamental to who we are at Dentons Canada and essential to the success and strength of our firm. Our forward-thinking, inclusive culture promotes and supports the professional development of our diverse talent, the leading services we offer to our clients, and positive social change. As a testament to our commitment to I&D, we are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 11 consecutive years (2011-2021) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2021) for the fourth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
To support and embrace your diverse skillsets, talents and experiences, we are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.