At ICBC, it's our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Our office in Victoria is seeking an experienced Personal Injury Paralegal. You will assist lawyers in the preparation, development and handling of personal injury defense files for litigation.
• Drafting Chambers applications, pleadings including Responses to Civil Claim, List of Documents and Bills of Costs
• Reviewing files, identifying legal issues and preparing Chronologies and Mediation Summaries.
• Interviewing witnesses and preparing statements
• Assisting counsel in preparing for examinations for discovery and Trials, including obtaining relevant information/documentation and coordinating with support staff and resources as instructed
• Conducting legal research and preparing memoranda as instructed
• Providing paralegal support to an assigned group of 2 to 3 lawyers
• Paralegal Certificate or Diploma from an accredited educational institution as determined by the Paralegal Association
• 2+ years experience in a litigation environment; personal injury experience is ideal
• Knowledge of the Supreme Court Civil Rules, relevant Acts and Regulations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to adapt your communication style to your audience
• The ability to be motivated by high volume, a fast paced environment with tight deadlines