The Analyst, Real Estate II is accountable to the Director, Asset Management for monitoring, maintaining and reporting information and statistical data on characteristics, composition and performance of assets under management to be used by internal
The primary function is to lead the research and development of LAO’s family law service initiatives. Preparing policy submissions, oral presentations, briefing notes and other materials for the LAO Chair, Board of Directors, CEO and senior
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built
JOB PURPOSE: As part of the Litigation Services Department, the Bilingual Legal Administrative Assistant (“the Assistant”) plans, organizes and coordinates administrative practices and procedures, ensuring ongoing case management while handling
Requisition ID: 107387 Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Title: Senior Manager, IT Regulatory Compliance The team The IT Risk
This position provides legal administrative support for lawyers, paralegals and legal aid workers in the Refugee Law Office. We are seeking someone with the ability to work co-operatively with all staff in a high pressure environment. The person must be comfortable performing client facing work, including with clients facing mental health and addictions challenges. The person must be fluent in English and able to write well, must by highly organized, demonstrate technological aptitude, and have strong attention to detail. Previous experience working with immigrant and refugee populations is preferred.
Occasional evening work may be required where litigation deadlines require it; however time off in lieu may be taken to compensate for such additional work.
• Prepares litigation materials under the supervision of counsel, including compiling documents, binding, photocopying, and drafting affidavits.
• Prepares and manages client files, including opening and closing files, and record keeping and reporting
• Provides back up client intake coverage, as required
• Provides back up reception coverage, as required
• Provides back up invoicing assistance, as required
• Provides administrative support to lawyers, paralegals, and legal workers as required, such as drafting correspondence, arranging interpreter or doctor appointments, arranging couriers and process servers, etc.
• Liaises with other service providers, internal and external, including private bar counsel, court-based services, doctors and psychiatrists, as required.
• Additional, specific duties as outlined by RLO management.
• Backup reception duties required on occasion.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task, to work well under pressure, and to exercise sound judgement while doing so.
• Ability to take initiative, work with limited instruction, identify problems and suggest and implement solutions.
• Ability to work with vulnerable clients, including persons with mental health issues and addictions challenges.
• Demonstrated commitment to client service and relationship building skills.
• Team player willing to perform a variety of tasks as the necessity demands.
• Proven ability to learn and adapt to new or modified policies and procedures.
• Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, PDF.
Education & Experience
• Previous experience working with refugee and immigration populations an asset
• Previous experience working with vulnerable clients an asset
• Previous administrative experience in a law office an asset
• Law clerk diploma an asset
• Knowledge of immigration, refugee law tribunal policies, procedures an asset
• Fluency in English required.
• Knowledge of other language(s) an asset.
To apply submit a cover letter & résumé.
This position is represented by OPSEU and the employee will be governed by the provisions of the collective agreement and union dues will be deducted bi-weekly from date of hire
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified by email.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set up their Candidate Profile if applying on Njoyn. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
First time applying to LAO? You will need to create a profile AND then apply for the position.
Already have an Njoyn account? Just sign in and select "my jobs" to apply.
Once you have successfully applied you will receive a confirmation email.
Trouble applying? For telephone support please call 1-877-427-7717 or email support: firstname.lastname@example.org.