Amazon is seeking a US Immigration Manager to support the needs of our growing organization. The immigration team is a group of project managers, and experienced immigration subject matter experts who act as strategic partners and consultants to business leaders and partner support teams. The team centrally manages global immigration filings and the vendors that support Amazon, and delivers projects to improve the cost, quality, regulatory compliance, and experience for immigration services at Amazon.
This leadership role will provide program management support for individual employees and stakeholders in close partnership with our external immigration service providers. In this role you will oversee a team dedicated to ensuring a positive employee and candidate experience, be responsible for hiring, coaching and developing team members, and thinking long-term to build and improve processes. You will strive toward frustration-free employee and stakeholder experiences as they navigate the ever changing landscape of US immigration, both for today and for the future. The right leader for this role values continuous improvement, process and data inspection, seeking customer feedback, and enjoys growing and designing new programs and capabilities with the employee experience at the forefront.
· Hire and develop a team of US Immigration Specialists focused on delivering customer service and case management support to employees, candidates and internal business partners
· Ensure team receives regular US immigration training and updates via work with immigration service providers, participation in webinars, seminars or conferences, and in internal meetings with the Global Immigration Team
· Work with other team members and immigration service providers to improve steady state processes, seek out root causes of defects in the process and design solutions to mitigate them with a focus on seamless immigration support delivery to ensure optimal employee and stakeholder experience
· Educate managers and business partners on employee US immigration risks, strategies, guidelines, and updates
· Communicate regular updates to employees and stakeholders both verbally and in writing and constantly designing new ways to support employees and stakeholders using a comprehensive communication strategy
· Build durable, sustainable, and flexible processes that produce positive and reliable results
· Regular and deliberate inspection of the team’s products and services to achieve continuous improvement
· Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or equivalent experience
· 6+ years of experience with 5 years in US immigration or program management experience, either within a law firm (such as a paralegal with responsibility for immigration petition preparation/filing) or in-house in an organization with a significant volume focusing on technology and innovative projects
· 5+ years of experience in managing a small to mid-size team with successful track record of developing talent
· Experience working multiple projects or cases independently in environment with changing priorities
· Experience working with confidential information
· Strong emphasis on high-touch professional customer service to employees and stakeholders
· Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.