Want to join one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People and a firm that is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers?
This is an opportunity for you to join the world’s largest law firm, a firm that offers opportunities to build your career while growing your skills and deepening your expertise.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant for our Real Estate practice area in our Calgary office who has a unique blend of skills and experience and the motivation to provide exceptional support to our growing real estate practice.
Our legal assistant structure is based on a team model within a practice group. Legal assistants typically support more than one lawyer and will be called upon help others within their practice group when workload volumes are at their peak or during periods of vacation or absence coverage.
• Administer commercial and residential real estate files from open to close under lawyers direction including purchase transactions, mortgages and refinances;
• Preparing, editing and proofreading routine correspondence, such as sales transactions and trust letters;
• Responding to client inquiries supporting file matters;
• Maintaining and organizing files with a robust follow up system;
• Prioritizing workflow to ensure completion of accurate work within established timelines;
• Preparing cheque requisitions and depositing funds;
• Establishing a professional rapport with clients, realtors, colleagues and financial institutions;
• Scheduling appointments and coordinating meetings; and
• Any other related duties, as assigned.
• Legal Assistant diploma from an accredited college plus a minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of legal assistant experience preferably related to commercial and residential practice areas;
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Strong grammatical skills, including punctuation and proofreading, attention to detail and accuracy are required;
• A proven track record of working with confidential information;
• Professionalism demonstrated with colleagues and clients both in person and conversing by phone;
• Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, remain calm with a sense of urgency while maintaining a positive team driven work ethic using sound judgement;
• Able to adapt to changing priorities, work with minimal instruction and a willingness to assist in a team member’s absence;
• Self-starter who is able to take initiative and approach colleagues and lawyers to solicit work;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Takes pride and ownership in the finished work product;
• Responsible, dependable and consistent; and
• Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
*We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Inclusion and diversity (I&D) are fundamental to who we are at Dentons Canada and essential to the success and strength of our firm. Our forward-thinking, inclusive culture promotes and supports the professional development of our diverse talent, the leading services we offer to our clients, and positive social change. As a testament to our commitment to I&D, we are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 11 consecutive years (2011-2021) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2021) for the fourth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
To support and embrace your diverse skillsets, talents and experiences, we are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.